The Ultimate Happy Hour Pub Crawl Guide to Austin, TX
When it comes to eating and drinking, Austin, Texas has anything and everything you could desire. But how do you choose from all of the options our city has to offer? In order to help you have the best Austin experience, we have created a PubCrawler of Austin Happy Hour Guide. Below are our favorite bars in Austin, that we think are must visits during your time here.
Top 5 Happy Hour Bars to Stop at During Your Austin Pub Crawl
The Tiniest Bar in Texas is indeed just that, the tiniest bar in Texas and even though it’s tiny it’s keeping the spirit of Austin alive! They emphasize the importance of drinking locally crafted beverages by serving nine Texas draft beers, more than 20 local Texas can/bottle options, as well as many different cocktails. But wait, it gets better! The Tiniest Bar in Texas also has a dog-friendly patio and three different food truck options which makes this bar a one-stop shop for a lively night out on the town.
- Drink Special: Pickled Pedaler: Fireball and pickle juice. This may seem like an odd drink but there’s actually some science behind it! The pickle juice helps disperse lactic acid that is produced in muscle tissue during strenuous exercise, which makes it a perfect drink for our PubCrawler riders!
- Vibe: relaxed, low key, attracts tourists and locals alike
- Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 3 pm – 7 pm & Saturday – Sunday 12 pm – 7 pm
Kung Fu offers a full bar including domestic and craft beer on tap, sake bomb menu, and their famous pickle shots. They also offer a full menu of Asian inspired American fare. To top the cake, Kung Fu Saloon has over 20 vintage arcade games such as Galaga, Centipede, and Ms. Pacman, free Skee-Ball, giant Jenga, and connect four so you can get your game on while you drink!
- Drink Special: Pickle shots, sake, and plenty of tap beers
- Vibe: hip, busy, upscale (enforced dress code)
- Happy Hour: Monday – Thursday 4 pm – 7 pm & Friday 3 pm – 7 pm
LittleWoodrow’s is a must see for anyone visiting Austin or any sport loving local who has yet to stop in! They offer cheap cocktails, beer on tap, and are conveniently located right next to One Taco food truck! If you’re looking to sit outside and enjoy the Austin sun, you can enjoy their outdoor patio bar equipped with TV’s and a shaded/covered area. The patio is even dog-friendly, so don’t forget to bring your furry friend with you!
- Drink Specials: Tuesday Big Beers (22 oz)
- Vibe: relaxed, sports bar, casual
- Happy Hour: Monday – Sunday 3 pm – 7 pm
Mean Eyed Cat is a bar like no other. It has been a staple of local Austin life since 2004. The interior room pays homage to the great Johnny Cash and their wooden outdoor patio is dog-friendly and sheltered under a huge 300+ year old Texas Live Oak. If you’re craving more than the 15 beers they have on tap, they also serve Stubbs BBQ every day of the week!
- Drink Specials: Specialty Mean Eyed Cat Cocktails
- Vibe: relaxed, eclectic, casual
- Happy Hour: Friday 4 pm – 7 pm
Lavaca Street Bar has been serving Austin, Texas locals for over 20 years. This sports bar has 25 TV’s, so there’s no chance that you’ll miss your favorite team play, no matter the sport. If your favorite team isn’t playing, they also have classic bar games such as pool, darts, and even unconventional bar games like Skee-Ball and air hockey! And most importantly, when you get hungry, they’ve got you covered as they are partnered with Turf N’ Surf Po Boy.
- Drink Specials: Serrano ‘Rita – Milagro Silver Tequila, Cointreau, Serrano Peppers, Cucumber, Fresh Lime Juice, and Agave
- Vibe: upscale, relaxed, casual
- Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 4 pm – 7 pm
Whether you’re a local or you’re visiting Austin for the first time, the abundance of different watering holes in the city can make choosing a bar quite intimidating. From upscale wineries to funky dive bars, the bar scene ‘Keeps Austin Weird’! Cheers!